Idea Generation (10 Idea’s Per Day)
Altucher encourages people who want to strengthen their ‘idea muscle’ as he calls it is to write 10 ideas down every day in a small notepad (he suggests a waiter’s pad). Aultucher suggests that a person needs to practice this for 6 months before really becoming idea machines.
After hearing this suggestion to come up with 10 ideas per day on September 12th, 2016 and I have committed myself to doing this for at least 6 months.
After daily practice for close to a month now I have found…
- My mind is more quiet at night (The Monkey Mind is Quiet)
- There is less chatter in my brain throughout the day and I am able to focus on one task
- In part this can aslo be credited to having good GTD systems in place for my primary workflows
- I can come up with ideas on the spot more quickly in my work life and in my home life
- I have been able to think more strategically about my own life, family, finances, and free time
My hope is that as my ‘idea muscle’ gets stronger I will be able to start adding value to my friends and family in new ways and eventually come up with a new business plan that I am confident in (I currently do not have any active ‘side hustle’ jobs outside of some passive income from YouTube).
I’ve decided going forward I will start posting Office Lens pictures of my idea generation notebook initially one post will go up daily though in the future I may batch my notes together on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis.
Thank-You for taking the time to read this,